Owlbert the Articulating Fidget Owlby
This is a print-in-place design that requires no supports or assembly. There are a ton of articulation points on this design to make it extra fidgety, but at palm-size it is a relatively quick print! I have included files for both multi-color and single-color printing.
3D printing settings These are just the settings I used to test the model, feel free to use whatever settings work best for you. FDM or Resin: FDM Scaling: Can be scaled up, feathers likely won't work well if scaled down. Supports: None Infill/Perimeters: 15% infill + 2 perimeters. Use 3 perimeters for extra strength. Nozzle Size: 0.4 Layer Height: 0.2 Adaptive layer height if you can, or the smaller the layer height the better.
This design prints in place with no supports or assembly needed!
Single Color Printing
- Just import the model, slice, and print!
- I have included a folder with all of the individual pieces of the model for easier painting/coloring in the slicer. Import all of the models into your slicer at the same time. When importing into your slicer, make sure to select "Yes" when asked if they are parts to a 'Single object with multiple parts.'
If your slicer doesn't ask you about 'Single object with multiple parts' when importing, follow these steps:
- Import all models
- Make sure all models are selected
- Right click, and choose merge!
File List (18):
- owlbert_painted_bambu_file (BambuSlicer file)
- owlbert_single_color (STL)
Multi-Color Files zip(16)
- owlbert_beak (STL)
- owlbert_body (STL)
- owlbert_chest_ruffle (STL)
- owlbert_chest_ruffle_accents (STL)
- owlbert_eyebrow (STL)
- owlbert_eyes (STL)
- owlbert_feet (STL)
- owlbert_head (STL)
- owlbert_legs (STL)
- owlbert_long_feathers (STL)
- owlbert_pupils (STL)
- owlbert_short_feathers_row_1 (STL)
- owlbert_short_feathers_row_2 (STL)
- owlbert_tailfeathers (STL)
- owlbert_talons (STL)
- owlbert_wing_skeletons (STL)
|Category||Arts & Entertainment|