Model originally uploaded to Thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4762436.Description
This is an air scoop to allow forced-air intake through the driver-side fog light grille on a Volvo P2 R. There is an existing product that fits this space, but this version offers a few improvements:
- Longer coupler area to easily fit the hose onto the scoop
- Closer fit to the fog light grille for more secure placement
- Allows you to source your own parts for the hose (I used this one with the 2.5" scoop rather than buying a whole kit
I included 5 files here:
- Scoop with 2" hose coupler
- Scoop with 2.5" hose coupler
- 2" coupler for air box
- 2.5" coupler for air box
- 2" plug for old hole if relocating on air box
- Splitter for using scoop on both sides
I recently uploaded the passenger-side version but I haven’t tested it out yet.
I also included a splitter so you can route the 2" tube from the passenger-side to the driver-side instead of trying to route all the way to the box.Use ABS!
Since these are used in an outdoor and automotive application, definitely print with something like ABS or ASA for higher temperature resistance. While ABS filaments are not technically rated for automotive applications, the scoop is away from engine heat and the I haven't had any issues yet with the coupler on the air box (haven't tested it in AZ summers yet though).