Model originally uploaded to Thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3581988.
Inspiration for this design goes to AzzA's Z Extensions.
First off, I do not know if these will work with any other Z brace other than the GulfCoast Robotics Front Mount Z Brace kit, as this is what I have on my Maker.
The original AzzA Z extensions worked, but there were some things about them I didn't care for:
- There were 4 visible hardware holes after moving the crossmember up.
- Those 4 hardware holes were not being used that were before.
- The Z-rod bracket becomes improperly positioned after the mod.
- The side tab of the crossmember was tweaked/improperly aligned with the gantry after the mod.
So, I set about resolving all of those issues, and this is it.
No more visible holes, all the hardware used, Z-rod bracket and side tab both properly positioned.
If you've previously installed the AzzA Z extensions, you will need an additional 4 each M3 x 8mm socket head cap screws and M3 Nyloc nuts.
If you are working from a stock machine, you will need an additional 8 each M3 x 8mm socket head capscrews and M3 Nyloc nuts.
There is only 1 Z extension, a Right hand version. Add and mirror a 2nd in your slicer.
Don't forget the 2 spacers: 1 for each side.
I've included STL, STEP and SLDPRTs of the Z Extension and the Spacer.
If you would be so kind, please Post your Makes.